Summer is finally here and we all know what that means.. Wedding season is upon us! Whether you have 1 or several weddings this summer, I’m here to share my tips and tricks on how to dress smart for the upcoming wedding season! Over the past weekend I was honored to witness the most beautiful couple, Katie & Derek tie the knot at The Manor in Vaughan, Ontario. Although the weather called for thunder storms, the sun was shining and it couldn’t have been a nicer evening. When preparing for a wedding I’ve gathered 4 easy things to remember while shopping for the big day.
- Be mindful of the dress colour- Always do your research and find out colour scheme the bride has chosen for the bridesmaids dresses. Some brides put in requests for you to stay away from the chosen colour, other brides don’t mind. Then there’s the obvious- don’t chose white!
- Over dress rather than under dress– When choosing a dress for a wedding, make sure you always look up the venue a head of time so you get a feel of what to expect. You also might want to look for “Black Tie Event” noted somewhere on the invitation. But when in doubt- over dress! You certainly do not want to be the guest who shows up in a sun dress while everyone beside you looks like beauty pageant contestants.
- Comfortable shoes– I cannot stress enough that you need to either wear or bring comfortable shoes with you. For this particular wedding I ended up bringing a change of shoes along with my small clutch. Simple flats/sandals will do. Anything will be better than roaming around in bare feet.
- Accessories are your friend– You will need to bring either a purse or clutch with you to carry your essentials. Make sure you pack extra bobby pins, lipstick, lip chap, a roller boll perfume, tissues and your phone.
- BONUS TIP: If you are someone who is not talented with makeup or hair (aka ME) you might want to consider getting your hair and makeup done. Now this can be a bit pricey but personally, I opted for a cheaper dress to fit both services in my budget. To make things less expensive, you can choose 1 service for the night, makeup or hair.
Shop the look:
Dress: Morning Lavendar
Earrings: Charming Charlie
Shoes: BCBG (sold out, linked similar option from Spring!)
Nail Colour: OPI Funny Bunny
Hair: Georgia Gouvatsos
Makeup: Alicia Nikole